Monday, July 1, 2013

Insomniac Apocalypse

"I'm goin' to hell---who's comin' with me?"   ---Emenim

or as Mr. Samuel Clemens said:
"I'm not worried about going to heaven or hell---I am sure I have friends in both places!"


Insomniac Apocalypse
by WmAT
12/4/11

The clock is 
running    the piano
has been drinking

How long can a person go
without sleeping?
I have been up
way up
for thirty hours or
is it minutes?

Whirling dervishes
swirl in hallucinigenic nightmares
I wake up scared
I wake up strange
I am afraid
I am never going to change and 
that nothing is ever going to be the same

What do you do when 
Another shall be Another's
forever? 
Do you take down 
the shrine 
dismantle the choir
or pass up the crown
of the clown?

I have replaced 
my dearest
with another for
lack of contact
and because the new poet 
is epic in her own write.

She gives me 
all and expects
nothing.
Her therapy is not mine
She uses ink and
I use paint.

Somehow the song remains the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment